Dizztroy is a bitcrush / overdrive / distortion plugin which is made for soft and heavy audiodistortion. It is perfect to blow up your drumloops or leadsynths, making badass hardcore kicks, or completely destroy your signal, to sound like a broken fm radio.
It contains a bitcrusher, decimator, 8 overdrive / distortion algorithms, a waveshape distortion, 2 envelope followers for overdrive and distortion, a highpass filter and to round up the perfect dizztroying machine a filter with 5 filtertypes.
All FX can be placed to your preferred position in the signal chain easily via drag and drop.
One of the big deals what Dizztroy offers to you is that you can draw the waveshape of the distortion by yourself, with the smooth button you can round off your envelope step by step to shape the perfect distortion, after shaping you can save the shape to one of the 4 snapshots or to your harddrive, if you destroyed the perfect waveshape by mistake just undo up to 10 steps.
The focus while developing Dizztroy was on drum distortion but nevertheless it is great for blowing up your leadsynths, guitars or for dirty and screaming voices, moreover it is not only made for sounddesigning in the studio, every parameter provides a MIDI learn function, just rightclick on a controller and move any fader, button or knob on your MIDI hardware controller and use it in your liveperformance to give it the power it needs.
- Easy connect with your MIDI controller: All FX parameters have build in a MIDI learn function – just right click on the parameter you want to set on your MIDI controller and move the controller of your choice – done!
- FX Routing: Just drag and drop the FX to the position you want to have them – everything on the fly – no audio stop while rewiring!
- Filter: Provides 5 different high quality filtertypes
- Crusher: Steplessly variable bitcrusher and samplerate reducer
- Overdrive: Choose from 8 different overdrive / distortion algorithms
- Distortion: a waveshape distortion which for you can draw your own waveshape – you can also save the actual wave to one of the 4 snapshots or to your harddrive – the smooth button enables you to round off sharp edges of your envelope to shape the perfect distortion – if you fuck up your perfect shape by mistake you can use the undo button up to 10 steps back
- Envelope followers: The overdrive and distortion FX`s are equipped with envelope followers where you can set attack, release, delay and amount to declare how the signal reacts with the FX
- Modulation: the envelope following signals can be routed to filter cutoff, filter resonance and crusher amount
- Highpass filter: on the first place of the signal chain there is a lowcut filter at 75Hz implemented which you can turn on when needed to avoid unwanted subbass grumbling – you can place the highpass filter pre or post FX
- Computer: Pentium III or higher/AMD with SSE support, 1200 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows 2000 or XP or newer
- Host: VST compatible 32 bit (64 bit when using j bridge) host software – tested and known to work in FL Studio – Cubase – Live – Renoise.
- Presets deactivated
- MIDI CC controllerbindings deactivated
- just one of 5 filtertypes is activated
- automation deactivated
- every 70 sec the preset gets initialised to default